Natural gas equipment provides a wide array of benefits that make it the right choice for any business. And natural gas commercial rebates can offset the initial costs of high-efficiency natural gas equipment for greater savings! That’s right. You could be converting to natural gas, or adding to applications you already have. Either way, Florida’s natural gas rebate program offers rebates that help reduce the purchase and installation costs of new natural gas equipment.
Rebates Available To Your Business
Commercial equipment rebates available under Florida’s Energy Conversation Program include:
Determine – Is Your Business Eligible?
Eligible Business Types
The rebates offered within this program are available to five “customer classes”, which essentially means business types. The five eligible customer classes, or business types, are defined as follows.
- Small Food Service – Establishments primarily engaged in the retail sale of prepared food and drinks for on-premise or immediate consumption including caterers and industrial and institutional food service establishments. (Annual consumption of less than 9,000 therms.)
- Large Food Service – Commercial food service is defined as establishments primarily engaged in the retail sale of prepared food and drinks for on-premise or immediate consumption including caterers and industrial and institutional food service establishments. (Annual consumption of greater than 9,000 therms.)
- Hospitality and Lodging – Hotels, motels and other establishments providing lodging, or lodging with food and dining, for the general public.
- Cleaning Service and Laundromat -Establishments primarily engaged in operating mechanical laundries with steam or other power, or primarily engaged in supplying laundered work clothing on a contract or fee basis.
- Large Commercial Non-Food Service – Commercial customers not associated with the Food Service, Hospitality or Cleaning industries with annual consumption of greater than 4,000 therms.
Eligible Rebate Categories
There are also three different “rebate categories” (or types of purchase) that commercial customers will need to fall under in order to qualify. These rebate categories, or types of purchase, are as follows.
- New Construction – New bricks & mortar or complete renovation.
- Replacement – Replacing an electric appliance with a new natural gas appliance.
- Retention – Replacing an old natural gas appliance with a new natural gas appliance.